Thursday 30 April 2015

26th December 2014

Stopped off at Cheddar Reservoir on the way up to Bristol today for some year listing. Stopped off at the North end first, but it was soon clear that all the birds were at the south end, so we drove round there and parked up. I soon located 3 male and 1 female Red-Crested Potchard.



Walking around a little further produced a male goldeneye diving near the waters edge. Headed back, I decided to have a second look at the RC Potchard, and refound them slightly closer in, but more dispersed. Looking back the way I had came from, the goldeneye had disapeared, but I happened across a male scaup amongst tufted ducks.


It swam close to the water edge, but swam back out again as I approached, so I had to make do with a fairly distant shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment