Monday 12 September 2016

11th September 2016 (Worcestershire)

Decided against the trip last night, but after waking up and seeing that the baird's sand was still present in worcestershire, I decided to go for it; it's been a bit too long since I last twitched a rarity. The 2 hour drive payed off as the BAIRD'S SANDPIPER was still present when I arrived. The poor light and the crowded hide made photography a bit difficult though:

BAIRD'S SANDPIPER - Upton Warren

This bird brings my UK Life List up to 299, so I was in a bit of a hurry to get back to Steart for the lesser yellowlegs and try to go for 300! Also present from the hide was a Spotted Redshank and a Ruff.

Stayed at Steart for about 5 hours in which time the yellowlegs didn't show, the only compensation was a Spoonbill, 2 Yellow Wagtails and a family group of 4 Curlew Sandpipers amongst the barwits. Fustratingly, I heard a grasshopper warbler reeling in the evening but never managed to locate it.

Spoonbill - Steart
 
3 of 4 Curlew Sandpipers- Steart

Wheatear - Steart

Oh well, but just one more lifer till I join the 300 club!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment