Tuesday 1 November 2016

30th October 2016

Spent most of the day volenteering at Ham Wall today, a nice change from manic twitching. At the first viewing platform first thing we had a flock of c.17 Bearded Reedlings in the reeds, the largest flock I've seen. Also of note throughout the day were 4 Bitterns (surprisingly active for the time of year), one of which was viewable on the edge of the reeds from VP1 for a short time, 4 Great White Egrets, 4 flyover Redpolls (presumed Lesser), 2 Kingfishers and a few Marsh Harriers.

Great White Egret - Ham Wall 

Bittern - Ham Wall

Bearded Reedling - Ham Wall

Also had a flyover Glossy Ibis behind the Avalon Hide, a bit fustrating as I couldn't tell if this was the same bird I'd already seen this year. However both birds flew down together behind VP1 later in the afternoon so I can say I've definitely seen 2 here this year.

Glossy Ibises - Ham Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment