Monday 21 August 2017

21st August 2017

Got back home from work this afternoon and checked my phone. The first thing I saw, a yellow warbler on Portland!!! Needless to say I threw my equipment in the car and rushed down! I parked at Southwell and walked down to Culverwell. Shortly after arriving, the call went up, I turned around just in time to see a small yellow bird fly across and drop into the vegetation. After a couple fleeting views, the YELLOW WARBLER appeared in some bare branches and gave good but breif views! Over the next hour or so, the bird showed brilliantly and even allowed me to get some record shots. A fantastic bird, my first American Passerine and a completely unexpected addition to my life list!!! A hunting Barn Owl on the walk back to the car rounded the evening off nicely.

 YELLOW WARBLER - Portland Bill

 
Barn Owl - Portland Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment