Thursday 21 September 2017

21st September 2017

Got back from work today and was pondering whether to travel to Farmoor to try and defeat my bogey bird; red-necked phalarope, or to settle for a grey phal at Seaton (Not a lifer, but I species I haven't seen since 2014). As luck would have it, I was spared the decision. News broke that both species had been found together at Arne Moors - closer to home than the other phals. I arrived on site just after 5pm, hoping that this wouldn't be a repeat of my last trip to Arne. I arrived at the pool and had a few breif views of the Grey Phalarope. After a tense wait, the I finally locked eyes on my first Red-Necked Phalarope!!! Eventually both birds showed together out in the open, allowing for some decent comparison shots:

Red-Necked Phalarope and Grey Phalarope - Arne Moors

No comments:

Post a Comment