Friday 18 December 2015

18th December 2015

Had good views of the 2 Yellow-Browed Warblers at Yeovil Openspace again this morning. Despite getting views down to just a few meters I still didn't manage a decent picture. The possible Siberian Chiffchaff that was seen on Wednesday was still present, and started calling like a typical tristis at about 1015hrs (Though I didn't get a recording). Based on a combination of coluration and call I'm confident enough to call it a siberian. Otherwise, the best birds managed was a flyover Cormorant (a Yeovil year tick), 2 Bullfinch and singles of Siskin and Grey Wagtail.

Yellow-Browed Warbler - Yeovil Openspace
I added the last picture just to show the birds faint median-crown stripe.

Returned later on after I saw that a firecrest was reported at the Openspace but it was too dark to pick it out from the goldcrests, however the 2 Yellow-Browed Warblers were still present, and oddly enough the Cormorant put in another appearance. Hopefully the firecrest will stick around long enough for me to see either tomorrow or on sunday, as it would be both a patch tick and a Yeovil tick for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment