Thursday 31 December 2015

31st December 2015

On the last day of the year, I decided to have another go at Blashford Lakes. I got to Kingfisher Lake just before midday. I and another birder had breif views of the FERRUGINOUS DUCK through the vegetation of the Central Island before it flew nearer and have much better views (Finally).

FERRUGINOUS DUCK - Blashford Lakes

Went to the Tern Hide looking out at Isbley Water, and had 3 Goldeneye and 4 Egyptian Geese. Walked over to the Goosander Hide where other birders were already watching the distant Ring-Billed Gull. At first I wasn't entirely convinced that the iris was pale enough, but in different light it did become more apparent, plus all the other ID features seemed ok.

Ring-Billed Gull - Blashford Lakes

Looks like I've broken my streak of dipping out at this site!

No comments:

Post a Comment