Wednesday 30 March 2016

30th March 2016

Me and Lewis headed down to Seaton Marshes this morning but had no luck with either the iceland gull or green-winged teal, but I did get my first Swallow and Willow Warbler of the spring. Stopped off for the pallas's warbler at Portesham but dipped again. A look at the fleet from Abbotsbury produced a distant female Scaup, and several Red-Breasted Mergansers and Sandwich Terns.

Pochard - Abbotsbury

Scaup - Abbotsbury

Had a look at Ninesprings before heading home. On the lake, had 3 Mandarins, 2 Little Grebes still and 2 Grey Herons. Behind the lake, there was no sign of the firecrest but I did have 2 Jays, 2 Marsh Tits and at least 4 Treecreepers. Lastly, I had a Kingfisher on the lake! Finally! A long overdue Yeovil tick!

Grey Heron - Ninesprings
The first time I have seen one pitched here. All my previous Yeovil records have been flyovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment