Thursday 4 August 2016

4th August 2016

Intended to go look at the Openspace this morning as I haven't checked it for weeks, however I overslept so decided to lie in. That was until I got a text from Tim to say there was a spotted sandpiper at SBR! After a quick wash and breakfast, I was at the northern causeway. After seeing several Common Sandpipers flying across the res, someone picked up a bird as it landed on the mud not far from the road. Getting it under the scope, I saw it was the SPOTTED SANDPIPER, in fine summer plumage. It didn't stay long before flying down the southern arm.

SPOTTED SANDPIPER - Sutton Bingham Res

My only other UK spot sand was back in 2011, it was winter-plumage and I only had in-flight views so pretty happy with getting a record shot of this bird. Also of note this morning were singles of Little Egret and Great Black-Backed Gull.

No comments:

Post a Comment