Tuesday 11 July 2017

9th July 2017 (North Yorkshire)

Wanted to extend my streak of lifers to week 5, so this Sunday I headed up to Nosterfield, North Yorkshire for the sabs gull. On arrival a report came in that the bird was at Kiln Lake, however it flew minutes before I arrived. A search of the area came to no avail so I walked to the top of Flask Lane. A scan of the black-headed gull flock on the opposite shore produced a sleeping gull with dark grey markings extending quite far down the nape. It raised its head breifly and indeed it was the Sabine's Gull. Shortly after, it flew across in front of us and back over the Kiln Lake. It flew back and forth a few times whilst I was there, and eventually I managed some decent record shots. Also of note was a Little Ringed Plover and 2 Common Sandpipers.

Sabine's Gull - Nosterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment