Wednesday 2 May 2018

18th March 2018

Had a look at Lyde Road this morning in the hope that the second cold spell of the year would be as successful as the first. In the end, a single Snipe and a flyover Hawfinch was the best managed. The backup cast consisted of a 1st winter Common Gull, 4 Skylarks, 5+ Linnets, 5 Lapwings, 2 Cormorants, 1 Grey Heron, 1 Kestrel, and a Stock Dove. A single Treecreeper was my first at this site, and a male Sparrowhawk showed well briefly. Not exactly the totals I'd been hoping for but good nonetheless.

Had my first proper look at the openspace this afternoon. With a single male Blackcap the only bird of note, a further 4 Hawfinches at the top end somewhat saved the day, also allowing me the opportunity to finally get some shots of the species on patch.

Hawfinch - Yeovil Openspace
These are potentially the same birds I had here a couple of months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment