Wednesday 2 May 2018

4th April 2018 (Norfolk)

I had a second go at a couple of dipped species from yesterday. First stop was Cockney Cley. On the walk to the feeding stations, 2 Goshawks flew over, a good start to the day. After an hour or so, the Willow Tit appeared at one the tables. It fed twice and then disappeared once again as it's been doing for the last few days. Whilst waiting for the bird, I also had at least 3 Marsh Tit, a flyover Tree Pipit and a heard-only firecrest. On the walk back to the car, I had singles of Red Kite and Goshawk overhead.

Next stop was Santon Downham to try again for the LSW. On the way over, I had a pair of Grey Partridge on the roadside.

Grey Partridge
 
No luck again at Santon Downham, but ironically I had good but brief scope views of a singing Willow Tit! A few Brambling were all else of note.

No comments:

Post a Comment