Thursday 29 December 2016

29th December 2016

Headed up to Gloucestershire first thing. On the way, had 2 Red Kites by the A40. Almost as soon as I arrived at Stow-on-the-Wold, I was watching the male BLUE ROCK THRUSH! What a fantastic bird!

BLUE ROCK THRUSH - Stow-on-the-Wold

I understand that this bird's origins have come under questioning, guess I'll just have to wait for a committee decision. In any case, it was still a great bird and well worth the trip!

Blagdon Lake was the second stop, where I was at the wrong end of the lake when news broke that the blyth's pipit had reappeared. It took me 15 minutes to run back by which time the bird had flown, so I will need to head back for this bird at some point. Also of note on the lake was at least 8 Great White Egrets and 3 Bewick's Swans.

No comments:

Post a Comment