Tuesday 17 October 2017

15th October 2017 (Kent)

Got to Oare Marshes around 8:30 this morning, and soon after arrival the WILSON'S PHALAROPE was refound on East Flood. The light was pretty terrible, so I decided to stick around for a bit, in which time I refound the LONG-BILLED DOWITCHER which promptly disappeared into thin air, plus a couple of Little Stints also on East Flood.

LONG-BILLED DOWITCHER and WILSON'S PHALAROPE - Oare Marshes

Eventually the light started to improve, and I managed some passable record shots of the Phalarope. Also of note were 3 Bearded Reedlings, a Water Rail and an overdue year tick in the form of a Curlew Sandpiper.

WILSON'S PHALAROPE - Oare Marshes

Curlew Sandpiper - Oare Marshes

Bearded Reedling - Oare Marshes

My first visit here, but I was impressed with the number of species on offer in such a small area, a very nice little reserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment