Sunday 1 October 2017

30th September 2017 (Glamorgan)

I overslept this morning, but around 8 the first report came in that the booted warbler was still at Rhossili. I headed off and arrived before midday. On arrival, I was put onto the Pied Flycatcher. Also showing were a few Goldcrests and Chiffchaffs to scan through, and then the rain started. After 2 hours of seeing virtually nothing, a few birds started to move through, mostly Goldcrests and Chiffchaffs, then the call went up. I had a few fleeting views, then managed a breif but good 3 second view of the BOOTED WARBLER before it flew off.

I stayed around hoping for a longer view without any luck, but I did get close views of a female Firecrest and heard (but didn't see) a Yellow-Browed Warbler. Also of note were large numbers of Choughs on the slope north of the NT car park.


Choughs - Rhossili

No comments:

Post a Comment